Lean not on your own understanding.

posted on: 6.30.2009

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths."



When we understand that God integrates every circumstance to accomplish His will, it is easier to trust Him.
It is easy to trust God when the seas are calm and the skies are clear, but the strength of our faith is measured in the midst of a storm.
A crisis always reveals what is really inside. Letting go means that we trust God enough to obey Him. Trust is demonstrated by obedience and what I do reveals what I believe about God, regardless of what I say. God will not waste direction on a disobedient heart. The more we obey, the more we will trust. The more we trust, the more we will obey. God reveals His plans to an obedient heart. When we trust God enough to surrender our will to Him, we will find that He is Lord of our circumstances.


I often forget that God is Lord of our circumstances. This is a portion of my daily devotional (which i've been neglecting the past few days, but decided to open the one for today). The past 2 days i've been sleep deprived by worry. I've been wanting to take action by my own understanding even if i didn't succeed. God is teaching me a lesson in letting go. Could you let go of what you're experiencing, thinking of & wasting time planning an escape plan for? Trust me, it's what faith and hope is all about.

[Pictures from Aelix]

1 Smiles:

  1. i think letting go and surrendering to the will of god is something people forget to do all the time, myself included. this is a great post. and i love the photos.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.