For the past years, I've been living with the pastors of my church. The Lord told me to share 7 things I've learned about ministry over this time. To those that are called: take them to heart; to those that aren't: evaluate those you know in ministry.
- If your marriage isn't solid, your ministry will never be.
- Time with the Lord comes first and it's not negotiable.
- People will leave the church & say things about you that are not true. Don't take it personal, love & forgive them. (Especially when they end up coming back months later.)
- There will always be things to do and in order to do it all you need rest. Schedule time to be useless. Even if it's just 30 minutes.
- No one in the church will understand or thank you for all the prayer, sacrifice and tears you put on their behalf and that's okay. The One who called you will reward you.
- Family comes before ministry.
- God is faithful no matter what. In the good times and in the bad, He never fails. You just need to willingly put your trust on Him.