Guest Post: Our Provider

posted on: 5.23.2011



One of the many characteristics of God is that He is our Provider.  He wants to provide for all of our needs and, even more than that, He wants us to trust Him to do so!  This is an area in which I have struggled greatly.  I'll candidly admit that I am a bit of a control freak, so one of the hardest things for me to do is relinquish the control I so desire to have over my life and to give it to God, trusting Him with everything.  But hey, if we're being honest, we also need to remember that we really aren't in control anyway!  We have been bought (1 Cor. 7:23), and so our lives are not our own.

Over the years I have realized that the reason why I struggle with this so much is because I have been let down by others.  Many times.  But that's a part of being human.  We fall short as a result of sin, and so we often fail one another.  That's simply a risk in human relationships.  But God is not like us.  He is not a sinful human!  He is God, the One who created of all the heavens and the earth.  He is your Creator, and He is mine.  And He wants us to trust Him with the control of our lives.

The wonderful truth we must realize is that the Lord is faithful (1 Cor. 1:9).  Despite our circumstances, He is good because He is God!  Being a self-sufficient college-student and the only Christian in my immediate family, I sometimes wrestle with God about how "difficult" my life can feel (including right now)!  In those times, I often find myself complaining, rationalizing, or crying out for help.  Let me encourage you - it's in these times of our utter desperation and weakness that God is able to work most mightily!  It is in our weakness that He is strong (2 Cor. 12:9)!  When we acknowledge that we cannot do it ourselves, God simply smiles upon us and does what He does best: takes control as Lord of our lives!

Even now, I am being forced to my knees over an issue in my life that I cannot control.  I am intentionally seeking to find joy in His presence rather than being overwhelmed and stressed out by my circumstances.  It isn't easy, but I have found that when I do lay my self at His feet and acknowledge that He is truly the One who is in control, we are in the best position to experience His powerful ability to provide!

Won't you trust Him to be your ultimate Provider?

post by the Lovely Gennean from Loved, Not Lost

3 Smiles:

  1. This spoke so much to my present situation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have DEFINITELY had to learn the lesson of God being my provider. There was a time in my life where I was tripped down to nothing -- literally, almost nothing. Not even a place to live. No job. 6 hours away from family. God was all that I had in my life. And you know what? He ALWAYS provided. ALWAYS. I don't know what I would have done without him; I definitely couldn't do anything on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this one, it definitely encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.