Lost in thought

posted on: 5.10.2011

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
How often do we crowd our minds with hopeless thoughts? We waste our time thinking less of ourselves and how we're incapable of achieving. We covet what others have and we point to our flaws constantly. We think negative things that poison our hearts, often speaking them. For how could we speak love when the Word says that 'out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks'? Fill your mind with thoughts of truth! Thoughts of gratefulness. Thoughts that praise the Lord. Don't feed your disappointment, but encourage and affirm others. Think of purity and live it out. We live in a far too ugly and dirty world that desperately needs an example of Christ. Don't focus on what you lack any longer. God still chose you! He knew your weaknesses and your shortcomings. He will deal with that as you change your mindset and focus on Him for He is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent & worthy of praise. Let Him inspire your thoughts and you will surely imitate Him in all His ways.
Authors note: Not a day goes by when someone does not comment on the glow of my smile! Many times I want to scream and tell them that it is not me, but God who takes full credit for it. I am not even at my best when people compliment me. I pray that when people see me, they see God and not a girl with a smile; that when my smile fades, they find themselves with the Everlasting Joy... the Everlasting smile of Christ.

8 Smiles:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful exultation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you I needed this SOOOO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sush a lovely blog! I'd linked to you, check it out: http://craxyknas.blogg.se/2011/may/uppdaterat-lanklistan.html

    And it's in swedish but as you know you can translate it with the google translater in the side bar :)

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO encouraging. I love the sentence in the author's note that says, "I pray that when people see me, they see God and not a girl with a smile." Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :') God bless you for allowing God to use you with this gift of writing and just sharing HIM through every part of your blog. I needed to read this today...<3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful reminder :)
    I was wondering, how do you study and pull so much from your Bible?? It never ceases to amaze me the understanding that God provides you!
    And yes, I think the radiant smile you have really does say a lot about you and the God you serve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely girl, yet another beautiful post. I know so many people have been touched by your words, and it is awesome work that you are doing for the kingdom!!

    (p.s. the original orglamix giveaway i had posted got deleted somehow, so if you'd like to re-comment please do! you can get an extra entry for being a follower too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So encouraging. I miss reading your blogs, thank you for writing beautiful things, God uses you in such a unique way!
    <3 Ena

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.