Spotlight // Thank you

posted on: 11.29.2012

The following people have graciously blessed me with, not only their blogs, but also by sponsoring this blog. They are not only reapers, but sowers & it is my privilege to showcase them today.
Check them out & you'll also be blessed!

Gina
How did you come across She Smiles, She Writes?
When I first started blogging just over a year ago, I started to browse and get connected
to other blogs. I became friends with a blogger, who led me to She Smiles, She Writes! 
It's been incredible to see this blog grow and evolve. She Smiles, She Writes is one of those
blogs you just want to keep going back to to see what's going on next--and of course her 
creativity and photography is mesmerizing!

Talk a little about your blog: 
Contemplating Beauty came to be when I was home due to an illness. I had to quit my job
and I was desperate to find a way I could connect with people as I was home so much. 
I have been writing since grade school, so my husband gave me the idea and encouraged me
to start blogging. I've realized through this year of blogging that my gift is connecting and building
relationships with others. At first I thought there was no place for me in the blogoshere, but God 
told me differently. He told me that everyone has something unique and good to offer, and that's
when I stopped comparing my blogs to others. I have seemed to have found my rhythm and I feel
blessed to have readers! Typically I'm writing about my day to day, or I'm writing about an insight 
on a matter, and sharing pictures of my family and our outings.  But it's always about the beauty. 
Beauty in creation, beauty in people, and even beauty in the suffering. It's vital for me to cling to 
always being aware of beauty.

What's your favorite passage in Scripture (and why)?
Colossians 3. It has been my favorite chapter ever since I became a christian in 2002. To me, it captures how to live our life in Christ, once we have chosen to live for him. And that is something I'm passionate about.

Why do you support missions?
It's important that we honor God with our money, and I can honestly say I have failed Him in this area big time through the years. But I am continuing to be refined, and each year I feel less bound and a slave to money. We live in such excess, that if I could leave my home today, I would to be with the hurting people all around the world, it aches me so deeply. But I do what I can from here for now. I love Jars Of Clays ministry Blood Water Mission, and World Vision. I also like Young Life. But I'm a firm believer in "growing where your planted" but not in the sense that most people take that quote. I take it as, serve your city, and the people in it. There is so much we can do in our own backyards!

Where can people connect with you? 

http://instagram.com/contemplatingbeauty


David
How did you come across She Smiles, She Writes?

Natalie at Heart Stirrings had a link on her blog a while back and I followed it. Very grateful I did.

Talk a little about your blog: 

I started my blog to record my own personal journey of faith. As I grew God started to use me and my writing to encourage others. It's geared towards 20-somethings and tries to help them see the bigger picture - the value of Christ above everything else so that our lives won't resemble anything on this earth. 

What's your favorite passage in Scripture (and why)?

My favorite passage is Colossians 3:3. It lays out the cost and reward of the Christian life all in one verse: a momentary death which gains for us an everlasting life.

Why do you support missions?

Two and a half years ago I went to Haiti with a relief team. It was only a few months after the earthquake and I couldn't believe my eyes; the magnitude of destruction and poverty was unreal. Yet there was droplets of hope throughout the tent cities. Small organizations helping the sick, neighbors helping neighbors, strangers being taken in to people's homes for a meal. Missions drills into your mind that God is much, much bigger than we imagine. And I can't think of any cause more worthy than enlarging a person's view of God.

Where can people connect with you?
http://offsetinnocence.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/davidxramos
http://www.twitter.com/wellbywednesday

As November comes to an end, I wanted to say thank you to my sponsors who are supporting me towards my trip to India! The trip is in May 6, 2013 and I still need $2,000 for it. But most of all, I need your prayers as this trip is sure to change my life, my ministry & my knowledge of God. I'm accepting donations but also offering sponsorship for this purpose. If you're lead to sponsor She Smiles, She Writes, don't hesitate to contact me :)

5 Smiles:

  1. I am so excited for you to go to India! How exciting :) i am seeding good thoughts and prayers as yo! raise the rest of your finding. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely sponsors! thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful spotlight, you are a LIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I can't believe we BOTH had the same favorite verse! What are the odds?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.