DIY ripped jeans

posted on: 12.30.2008



I made some rippies! I love them! I wanted to do some ripped pants for a long time.

I'm going to show you how. You'll need: Scissors or an exacto knife, and some denim jeans. First, i took some pants i haven't worn in a long time. I put them on and, with a pen, I outlined where i wanted the holes/rips to be. i made circles to the places where i want to just make an opening and rip it with my hands; or i where i just wanted play with the fabric. On the image on the left, the pink circles identify where i have made the outlines.

Some people stain the jeans with coffee or wash it a couple of times and then tumble dry it before wearing them. What i did after ripping/cutting was throw it in the washer real quick to fade the pen lining and to make the rips more natural. And i hanged it outside to dry. And thus, my ripped jeans.




Cutting through the outlines with the exacto knife. Be very careful and PATIENT when doing this. Trust me, exactos can be very dangerous. Pretty much from then on, you just get creative and continue to do it your own way. Cutting the jeans. Be careful not to cut through the back side of the jean.



The final result!

p.s. click on the pictures to see them in original size

3 Smiles:

  1. i really love these! you did a great job, they look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a great job. my first attempt at diy ripped jeans i just cute holes expecting to get fabulously ripped holes that didn't look anything like they were suppose to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like like like like! and i will feature your post with a link on my blog if you don't mind

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.