Inspiring Five Monday: Ginger Rogers

posted on: 5.17.2010


“When two people love each other, they don’t look at each other, they look in the same direction.”


"When you're happy, you don't count the years."


"The most important thing in anyone's life is to be giving something. The quality I can give is fun, joy and happiness. This is my gift."


"Hollywood is like an empty wastebasket."


"I believe in dressing for the occasion. There`s a time for sweater, sneakers and Levis and a time for the full-dress jazz. As for the little touches, well, a year is quite a long time and they make one feel at home."

[all quotes by Ginger Rogers]

Ginger Rogers. I fell in love with her partnering with Fred Astaire in Top hat. It's a musical film that's delightful to see. Rogers-Astaire used the art of ballroom dancing to convey romance through the screen. Fred and Ginger notoriously performed in 10 feature films together and are Hollywood’s most successful dancing duo. What I most enjoy of Rogers is her grace and poise on the dance floor. She was never a skillful dancer before Astaire, she had never partnered with anyone else. She picked up after Astaire and learned to act her way out of the choreography. If you ask me, she was a very intuitive actress that made dancing with Astaire seem like it was the most enjoyable thing to do in the world. I can't watch Top Hat without dancing and mimicking their steps. And of course, Miss Rogers was a beautiful woman. That can't go unnoticed. Her fashion taste was exquisite, despite the financial problems due to the Great Depression. Regardless, she is still a fashion icon in my eyes.

0 Smiles:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.