Be a Pearl

posted on: 11.22.2010



In every oyster there lies the ability
to produce something rare.
Truth like a grain of sand will produce
the pearl that is hidden there.

Young woman you are often mocked and scorned.
And told you never should have been born.
You want to run away, to hide your hurt.
Your heart is wounded, bleeding and torn.

God makes not mistakes
every life is special,
every life is planned.
Seeds can sprout in sand.

Open yourselves up to the Spirit of God
Grow in grace and maturity
Be what He wants you to be
Your beauty your strength lies deep within you.

Young woman, young girl,
open yourselves up to God
Allow Him to reveal your pearl.
The Pearl by Sylvia Hannah
(My journals are my treasure chest. I read this for the first time on November 22, 2009 and It changed my life.)

5 Smiles:

  1. I absolutely love love LOVE this post..gracious, beautiful words and picture! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this reminder, friend. It sometimes seems a constant struggle to remember our worth in Christ, our beauty and grace and strength in God. I appreciate this and I appreciate you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful image along with a beautiful post :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so incredibly beautiful, I think I need to go back and read it a few more times. you are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.