10 happy things that happened to Gennean from Loved, not Lost this year:
1. I had the opportunity to watch the entire livestream of Passion 2012, and all of the messages and worship really served to reignite my love for the Lord and affirmed the things that he was doing in my heart.
3. I had the honor of speaking at my university's Baccalaureate ceremony and sharing bits of my testimony with all who were there, which most importantly included my non-Christian parents and brother.
4. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Family and Children's Ministry and was honored with an award at graduation for my life and ministry as a woman after God's heart.
5. For the first time in my life I was forced into a place of rest and my summer ended up being a season of learning how to truly relax and rest in God's presence. As someone who thrives on busyness and over-scheduling, learning how to really be still and know that He was there and to recognize that he was caring for and controlling everything was not easy, yet was so worth it!
6. I began nannying for the two cutest girls in the world, and though it has been very humbling battle against my pride, watching those girls has proven to be one of the biggest blessings I could have hoped for. Plus they are pretty stinkin' adorable! :)
7. The Lord very clearly closed the door I thought it was supposed to go through as a career, and once again opened a door—and my once fear-filled heart—to children's ministry. I began working at a big church serving in the children's ministry as the third and fourth grade ministry leader, and while it is sometimes really challenging, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my job!
8. The Lord gave me both the courage and the words to share my story with all who choose to read it.
9. I finally severed ties from an unhealthy relationship that I was holding onto for far too long. I can say now that I am experiencing true freedom and that, most days, it feels really good.
10. The Lord has continued to remind me of his complete sovereignty over my life, from things like jobs to housing to a new car, and it's a lesson that I know that I'm going to be learning for the rest of my life. I'm grateful that even though I often worry and get anxious, the Lord still chooses to cup me tenderly by the face, tell me to calm down, and remind me that He has been, is, and will always be in control.
Thank you so much Gennean, for being a part of this.