Soothing Smoothie recipe

posted on: 12.03.2012


Finals week: Hate them, can't skip them & your brains fear them.
If you're like me, then the previous statement resonates within your own soul.
I've found that this recipe tends to soothe me & help me get things done stress-free.
It's creamy but light, making every sip a delight! (see what I did there? I was taking a sip when I wrote it ;)

Banana Almond Smoothie
servings = 1 cup

Ingredients
  • 2/3 of a cup of almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
  • 6 ice cubes
  • half a teaspoon of sugar (or sweetener of choice)*
  • cinnamon*
    *optional ingredients
Instructions
  1. Add the almond milk, banana, vanilla extract, & ice cubes to the blender.
  2. Blend. Add sugar (or sweetener of choice). Blend again.
  3. Serve in a cup and sprinkle the top with cinnamon according to your taste preferences.
  4. Sit back & enjoy! I wish you the best on your finals :)


Notes:
This smoothie will be very thick; for a smoother consistency, feel free to add a few more tablespoons of milk.
If you're allergic to almond milk, substitute it for soy milk or regular milk. 
If you're not allergic, be warned—it may become your newest obsession!

7 Smiles:

  1. this looks amazing! Hope finals go over smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I make this too with similar ingredients. I add yogurt instead of milk :) Such a healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love your blog! and yumm smoothie! :D I just found you through fahsion & faith. you must be rather new because I am always hopping on that network to find great new bloggers! My name is christine by the way. It's so cool you went on a mission trip- I haven't ever but am sure I will in the future. :) I just followed you GFC, and will via FB after I reactivate my account(after finals). I hope you can come stop by my bloggie to and let me know what you think! follow me GFC and Facebook, and I think you would be a great advocate to join bloggersagainstsocialinjustice.blogspot.com! It's a network I started, and it has such amazing bloggers, they have become like my family. ^_^ Hope you don't mind long comments.

    Sister in Christ,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)
I read every single one.